Amla And Curd Hair Mask
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Gooseberry powder – 2tbsp
- Fenugreek powder – 1tbsp
- Curry leaves paste – 1tbsp
- In a medium-sized bowl pour half a cup yogurt.
- Add 2 tablespoon gooseberry powder, 1 tablespoon fenugreek powder and 1 tablespoon curry leaves paste.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste.
- This hair mask is ready to be applied onto wet hair.
- Apply the paste liberally and ensure it covers all the strands evenly.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Amazing Amla And Its Benefits
1. Promotes Hair Growth
Since it is rich in antioxidants, amla gets rid of cell damaging free radicals that can result in hair fall, graying, wrinkles, heart disease, and other age-related changes.
The phytonutrients, minerals, and vitamins present in amla help strengthen hair follicles, increase blood circulation, and stimulate healthy new hair growth.
2. Reduces Hair Graying
Ayurveda states that premature graying usually happens due to excess pitta in the body – this condition is a result of skin rashes, burning sensations, peptic ulcers, excessive body heat, and heartburn.
Amla is a natural cooling agent and is a beneficial remedy to control pitta conditions and thereby helps reduce graying. It also helps to rejuvenate pigmentation in hair making the hair darker and thicker. It has been used as a useful ingredient in natural hair dyes and other hair nourishing products.
3. Helps With Dandruff And Scalp
Having great healing properties, amla aids in maintaining a healthy scalp. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and astringent properties that prevent annoying and painful scalp conditions and keeps dandruff at bay.
The cooling effect of amla helps to reduce inflammation, irritation, and itchiness of the skin. It also encourages healing of the skin.
4. Excellent Hair Conditioner
Amla is one of the world’s best hair conditioners. It nourishes, conditions, and adds a wonderful sheen to your hair. Another important factor is that this rinse works very well in hard water and gets rid of unwanted deposits from the hair, leaving your hair unbelievably clean, shiny, and healthy.